Emoji Support for WCF 2.0 / 2.1

• Hello,

as you may know, WoltLab Suite Core 3.0 (formerly WoltLab Community Framework 2.2) is supporting Emoji officially. How this support will look like isn't known, yet. Just the fact, that the minimum MySQL version will be increased in order to save the Emoji unicode characters is something, that has been confirmed.

But what about those who run a WoltLab Burning Board 4.0 / 4.1 respectively WoltLab Community Framework 2.0 / 2.1? They won't get an update for technical reasons.

But i wouldn't be who i am, if i wouldn't come up with a partial solution ;)

Already in 2014, i started to create such a plugin, but i had to give up for several reasons. But two years later, i decided to try it again - Successfully. A roughly 5 megabyte big extension was born, which should cover the basic needs of every Emoji fan.

The extension Emoji Support allows you and your users to use all available Emoji everywhere and unlimited, where you can use the smiley system, too. The extension provides more than 1600 smileys/Emoji for nearly every cause and purpose. Coming along with that, you can hide the Emoji from your smileys list, if you like.

For those who don't have a device that natively supports Emoji (e.g. a Windows 7 PC): Don't worry. There are several browser extensions which can provide you the whole functionality:

Emoji Keyboard (2016) by EmojiOne:2122: for Google Chrome (recommended)
    Emoji Keyboard for Mozilla Firefox

On Mac, simple press CTRL + CMD + Space. Windows provides the so called "Touch Keyboard" since version 8.

Feel free to test the whole thing here: Emoji Test

---

The package above also ships the optional extension Redactor - Emoji. Using this, Redactor displays the Emoji also when editing contents (by default, the editor only displays the smilies which are shipped in the whole software). You are not forced to install it, but due to the complicated Emoji names, it's recommended.

---

Questions? Suggestions? Wishes?

• Hello,

i just want to announce, that i'll support Unicode 9.0 (scheduled for release on June 21, 2016) as soon as possible. So the extension will support the new 72 Emoji below before most others (e.g. Android and IOS):

• Rolling On The Floor Laughing
    • Face With Cowboy Hat
    • Clown Face
    • Lying Face
    • Drooling Face
    • Nauseated Face
    • Sneezing Face
    • Prince
    • Mother Christmas
    • Man In Tuxedo
    • Shrug
    • Face Palm
    • Pregnant Woman
    • Man Dancing
    • Selfie
    • Hand With Index And Middle Fingers Crossed
    • Call Me Hand
    • Left-Facing Fist
    • Right-Facing Fist
    • Raised Back Of Hand
    • Handshake
    • Black Heart
    • Gorilla
    • Fox Face
    • Deer
    • Rhinoceros
    • Bat
    • Eagle
    • Duck
    • Owl
    • Lizard
    • Shark
    • Shrimp
    • Squid
    • Butterfly
    • Wilted Flower
    • Kiwifruit
    • Avocado
    • Potato
    • Carrot
    • Cucumber
    • Peanuts
    • Croissant
    • Baguette Bread
    • Pancakes
    • Bacon
    • Stuffed Flatbread
    • Egg
    • Shallow Pan Of Food
    • Green Salad
    • Glass of Milk
    • Clinking Glasses
    • Tumbler Glass
    • Spoon
    • Octagonal Sign
    • Scooter
    • Motor Scooter
    • Canoe
    • First Place Medal
    • Second Place Medal
    • Third Place Medal
    • Boxing Glove
    • Martial Arts Uniform
    • Person Doing Cartwheel
    • Wrestlers
    • Water Polo
    • Handball
    • Fencer
    • Goal Net
    • Juggling
    • Drum With Drumsticks
    • Shopping Trolley

I've already done this in the development version, but i'll wait for the official release, because the graphics may change until then.

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!